Saturday 18 August 2012

Final thoughts...



I don't feel like any of my posts do justice to the wonderful people I have met on my travels. Words fail me when I try to express my experience. It has certainly exceeded all expectations and this final post is dedicated to the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust for giving me this life changing opportunity and to former fellow, Dr Andrew Hart for inspiring me to apply. I have made many wonderful connections with some outstanding scientists and I really hope I can bring my knowledge back to the UK to benefit and enhance scientific developments in my research field. I plan on giving talks to different audiences and promoting the trust as best I can. 

Winston Churchill was a man of perseverance, bravery and persistence. This inspirational figure remains a role model to many, 47 years after his passing. My lack of science background prior to university has led me to hold a lot of these traits and I really have learnt that anything is possible if you apply yourself and want it bad enough. 

The trust do a fantastic job to support passionate fellows like myself and I strongly urge people to apply. Applying for the fellowship has, hands down, been the best thing I have ever done and I have so many astonishing memories that I will never forget.....

Thank you


www.wcmt.org.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment